A Quick Guide On Migrating To Canada With Your Family

A Quick Guide on Migrating To Canada with Your Family

If you’re looking to migrate to and settle in Canada with your family permanently and don’t know where to start, this article might help you through some of the chaos and confusion. You need a Canadian family visa to take your family to Canada with youSo what are the easiest ways to take your family with you? 

1.      Express entry system 

This system is the easiest and most convenient way to take your family with you to Canada. This system requires you to meet some eligibility criteria to acquire said visa. The eligibility criterion that needs to be met are:

●       You should be above 18+ years or should be below 55 years of age

●       You should be a graduate, even better if you’re a post-graduate

●       You should have proof of funds that you will be able to support yourself in Canada financially

●       You should be proficient in English

●       You should have 3+ years of experience.

These may differ from Canadian Family Visa Requirements.  

This system allows you to get a quick PR and ensure that your citizenship applications will be processed in under 6 months or less, after which you can sponsor your family to come to Canada. It also provides your children with free education and universal healthcare to you and your family.

2.      Sponsorship

Canadian immigration regulations let a local citizen or permanent resident sponsor their spouse or common-law partner. (and, if the application is being submitted from outside the United States, a conjugal spouse).

The sponsor must be eligible to sponsor. Regulation 133 of the IRPR lays forth the obligations for the sponsor. All examples are not being subject to a deportation order, not being imprisoned in prison, not having specific convictions, and not being an undischarged bankrupt.

An "in Canada" sponsorship can be applied if the sponsor and the applicant live in Canada. If the applicant lives outside of Canada, the application is submitted to the appropriate visa office after being assessed by CPC Mississauga. There are significant distinctions between the two paths, and speaking with a competent immigration attorney will help you comprehend them.

Whether the connection is within or outside Canada, the responsible officer must be satisfied that it is not in "bad faith," as defined in Regulation 4 of the IRPR. This implies that the pair must establish (on the balance of probability) that their marriage or relationship is real and was not entered into principally to obtain a status or advantage under the act (as defined by the act).

Factors that are relevant in checking the faith of the relationship are:

1.      Knowledge about the length of each other's prior relationships

2.      Their language

3.      Their respective interest

4.      Their age difference

5.      Their family background

6.      Their family connections in Canada

7.      Their financial situation and employment status


These are the easiest ways to migrate with your family to Canada. Sponsorship might be considered as the easiest way out of the two, but if you’re planning to go alone, the express entry system is more justified.