American Airlines is a world-renowned commercial airline that provides impeccable Services, including Seat upgrades. Passengers often need to upgrade their Seats at American Airlines for a comfortable and exciting journey. That’s why they allow the Upgrades up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure in case of availability.
The first thing that hits the mind while upgrading is the American Airlines upgrade cost. The upgrade price is not higher, and you can also upgrade your Seats if you have the AAdvantage Miles. But, the Award tickets and the Basic Economy Fare tickets can not be upgraded; for any other fare, you are required to pay the following:
- 15000 AAdvantage miles plus USD 75 for a domestic flight within 48 contiguous states.
- 25000 AAdvantage miles plus USD 350 for the International/ long-haul flights.
Other policies to be considered for American Airlines upgrades:
There are several points and procedures that need to be considered for American Airlines upgrades that differ for Elite Status members and non-members.
Complimentary upgrades with AAdvantage elite status:
The chronology for complimentary upgrades on eligible flights is carried out in the following manner for starters.
- Twenty-four hours before the planned departure: For AAdvantage Gold members.
- Forty-eight hours before the scheduled departure: For AAdvantage Platinum members.
- Seventy-two hours before the planned departure: For AAdvantage Platinum Pro members.
- One hundred hours before the scheduled departure: For AAdvantage Executive Platinum members.
- One hundred twenty hours before the planned departure: For AAdvantage Concierge Key members.
American Airlines Seat Upgrade Policy:
- All upgrades are subject to availability when you request the mileage upgrade.
- According to the policy, you can upgrade if you have made the reservation through the American Airlines website/ app, call centers, or ticket offices.
- If you have purchased it through a travel agency, you must contact the same for upgrades.
- Passengers with wheelchair assistance can not upgrade to the plane’s first row.
- In case you are upgrading after checking in, then you must check in again to get the new boarding pass.
- If your upgrade is not confirmed when you check in to your American Airlines flight, you will be added to the upgrade list.
How can I upgrade my Seat at American Airlines?
You can upgrade American Airlines flights through the Your Trips section of their website or by calling a representative. You can glance both ways below for detailed information.
Online through the website:
You must replicate the steps described below for an online upgrade at American Airlines.
- Open the website www.aa.com
- Click the Your Trips option under the Travel Information section.
- You will be asked to sign in to your American Airlines account to access the booking details.
- Mark the flight you want to upgrade and click the same option.
- Select your preferred travel class and Seat to proceed to the payments page.
- Pay the required charges, and the process is complete.
- They will drop you a confirmation email instantly.
You can also upgrade your American Airlines flight by calling their customer service number at 800-433-7300 / +1 802 304-5760 and choosing the upgrade option. You will be asked to share your booking details with the representative, and they will initiate the process. Pay the needed charges to complete the process and get the new e-ticket.