Here is an important piece of information that you need to understand before we divulge the details – a good tractor can change the farming method and output for better or for worse. A good tractor can keep the soil intact while maximizing output in more ways than one. However, the same cannot be said for tractors that are not advanced or efficient.
We are here to tell you everything you need to know to be able to tell a good tractor from a bad or the average ones and suggest a couple of budget-friendly options that come fully equipped.
What are the features that you need to look for in a tractor that is value for money
There are certain criteria that you need look for when buying a tractor. Since it is a long-term investment, you need to be really careful and picky about the tractor. So make sure the one you pick from the tractors for sale, has the features that we have listed below:
1. Power – The tractor that you buy needs to be a powerful machine that is able to work in overdrive without breaking down. This means that your tractor needs to be packing at least 47 horsepower @ 2000 RPM. However, if you are looking for a little more power under the hood, then you can go up to 60 horsepower @ 2200 RPM.
2. Dual Clutch – Being able to switch between automatic and manual transmission is a great feature to have because you never know when it might come in handy. Also, another lesser known advantage of dual clutch transmissions is that it is fuel-economic, which means buying a tractor that has dual clutch transmission system will pinch your pockets a lot less when it comes to fuel costs.
3. Gearbox – Functionality starts with gearbox range and a top end tractor model should comes with a constant mesh gearbox that offers up to 8 forward gearboxes and 2 rear gearboxes. This gives the driver a lot more functionality and makes it easier for them to manoeuvre the machine to maximize the agricultural output.
4. Care 24X7 – This is absolutely state-of-the-art but if you are paying a hefty sum of money for your tractor, it is only natural that you would want it to encompass all the features that make it value for money and makes it convenient for you. A top-of-the-line tractor model can come with 24X7 Care that basically allows the driver to reach out to the company with a single touch so that they can contact them for support at any time they want.
5. Heavy Hydraulic Limit – What is the use of letting go of a thick wad of cash for a tractor that doesn’t even offer an impressive heavy hydraulic lift capacity? Farming involves heavy lifting and a tractor needs to have a decent heavy hydraulic lift capacity. If you want to be in the safe zone, try and opt for a tractor model whose heavy hydraulic lift capacity lies between 1800 kg and 2000 kg.
6. Balanced Power Steering – When you go to buy your tractor make sure you pick out a model that has balanced power steering (basically the hydraulic fluid flows seamlessly and equally in either direction).
These are the 6 basic requirements that the tractor of your choice needs to meet with because otherwise you will never get your money’s worth. You can visit DIGITRAC’s online website and check out the different tractors on sale. They are the best you can get in the market and are really fairly priced as well.