QuickBooks application allows various businesses to perform their accounting functions. There are various tools and features present in the software program to make your business tasks easy. But sometimes, the application stops abruptly, leading to the QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5 issue. The problem can occur due to a damaged or corrupted QBWUSER.INI file, among other possible reasons. If your QuickBooks closes unexpectedly or your QuickBooks Desktop has stopped working, you can use the solutions given in this article to address it.
If you are unable to eliminate the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our team of experts.
Reasons Why Your QuickBooks Encounter Unexpected Error
1 .QuickBooks unexpected error strikes due to the following factors–
2. Your system’s hard drive has bad sectors and is unable to sustain the QuickBooks Desktop application.
3. The QuickBooks installation process is faulty or incomplete, or the installation files are damaged.
5. Problems with the QBWUSER.INI file can lead to the QuickBooks unexpected error 5.
6. There are compatibility issues between the QB software program and your Windows OS.
7. Your data file name is not as per QuickBooks’ criteria, or it might contain special characters.
9. There are internet connectivity issues while connecting to the company file, which is causing the QuickBooks crashes unexpectedly error.
Steps to Perform When You Have Trouble Opening QuickBooks Due to Unexpected Error
If your QuickBooks starts giving Unexpected Error, you can perform the steps given below to address the error.
Step 1 – Terminate the QBW32.EXE Process from the Windows Taskbar
Issues with your QuickBooks Desktop can be rectified by terminating the QB processes in the following manner –
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to access the Task Manager, and right-click on the icon to access the Processes tab.
2. Hit the Image Name option and set the apps in alphabetical order to find the QBW processes.
3. Once found, right-click on each of the QBW32.exe processes and select End Process to remove them.
4. Lastly, rerun QuickBooks to check if you are able to run the application without any errors or issues.
Step 2 – Delete the QBWUSER.INI File and Register your QuickBooks Desktop Again
If your QB Desktop crashes frequently, you need to fix the QBWUSER.INI file issues and re-register QuickBooks.
1. Go to your system’s C drive and open the Users folder to locate the folder with your username.
2. Open the AppData folder and double-click on the Intuit folder from the Local Directory.
3. Look for the QBWUSER.INI file and right-click on it to select the Delete option.
4. Adjust the date and time on your computer and hit Apply, followed by accessing the Help menu.
5. Select the Activate QuickBooks option and click on Begin Activation to enter the validation code.
You can address the QuickBooks Unexpected error 5 issue by using the steps given in this blog. If the error code persists, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our QuickBooks technicians.